From FRONT FOR THE LIBERATION OF UNITY AND DEMOCRACY- FRUD-
The Djibouti regime unleashed once again an indiscriminate repression against the inhabitants of ARHIBA
Once again, the Djibouti regime fought hard Arhiba inhabitants, a martyrdom city, who peacefully demonstrated against the arbitrary arrest of Kako Houmed Kako, a human rights activist.
Today during Friday's prayer time the Police used guns and tear gas to disperse peaceful protesters in Arhiba.
There is a heavy toll;
- 70 wounded including several elderly people; 7 are in serious condition
- The local Arhiba dispensary and Dr. Abatté Ebo clinic are overwhelmed, scores of wounded are without appropriate treatments and care.
This repression is taking place in a landscape devastated by a general deterioration of the country's political situation.
Arbitrary arrests of, political activists, social media activists and human rights activists daily
The civilians population of the North and the South West are constantly harassed: 7 people were arrested by the army on October 31 in the Northern region, transported in a in military vehicles to Tadjourah, then transported by ferry to the capital .
The FRUD condemns:
- This repression and the use of live ammunition’s against peaceful protesters
FRUD calls for the release of:
- Kako Houmed Kako,
- journalist Yonis Bogoré,
- Seven people arrested in the North by the army
- Of all political prisoners including Aboubaker Oudoum
Done at Paris on 1st November 2019